Saturday, February 17, 2007

Cross Country skiing/ice skating

When you get to the 20 mile run, you pray for good conditions and healthy legs. Thankfully, I had one of the two. I had my new custom-made inserts to help keep my knees and feet in line, but the ice chunks and choppy course definitely wore me out. The worst part was that our fastest mile was two minutes slower than my normal mile and the average mile was three and a half minutes slower! There wasn't a single mile that didn't have us running on ice or snow or jumping over mounds of ice or crossing dangerous slick hills.

The course had us running on trails that would have been gorgeous on any other day...but not with this weather. I doubt that there were any good trails out there this weekend.

Total miles: 20 (though felt like more with all of the side to side)

No comments: