Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back in the saddle

Running pup went for his first run this morning. He only had the attention span for about a mile and a half and did a very good job trotting along side me. He came to an abrupt stop only twice; once to do his business and once to smell some enticing invisible smell. Fortunately the run didn't tire him out one bit (hopefully he can run for longer) because as soon as I got home and got him off the leash he had a little puppy "spazz attack". He ran back and forth across the front yard as fast as he could, barking at us to come play. Crazy dog.

I mentioned our morning's activity to a friend and she said that her boyfriend's dog has taken to running on their treadmill. Both are very active people and take the dog out as often as then can, but one day they noticed him on the treadmill liking the indoor walk! I doubt Running Pup will like our stair master in the basement...but then again it's right next to where we keep his food.

Injury update: the toe obviously feels good enough to run on, but is throbbing a bit in my high heeled boots. What can I say, I'm a slave to fashion.

Injury update: the toe obviously feels good enough to run on, but is throbbing a bit in my high heeled boots. What can I say, I'm a slave to fashion.

Next race: Jingle All the Way 10K I've been registered for this race before. One year it was sleeting that morning (I rolled over and went back to sleep) and then the next year I ended up going out of town. This should be a good benchmark for my National Marathon training.

No comments: